Quantcast

Wednesday 19 September 2012

We go together like peanut butter and jelly

I was just passing the local school on my way back from a jog. All right, all right, I didn't jog the whole way, but that's not the point.

© Calvin4021 | Stock Free Images
I was passing the school, like I said. The school children were outside, jogging around the playground. As I got close I heard one boy say, with obvious concern: "Come on, he's going to shout at you if you don't hurry up."

The recipient of this warning was a rather fat boy, pink with exertion, his face a study in put-upon pain. He was walking.
Walking boy: "Can't, I'm gonna die."
Friend, to other boys: "Come, come."
Five boys surrounded walking boy, jogging s-l-o-w-l-y.
The gym teacher, noticing the group, shouted: "Boys, come on!"
Friend: "We're all going as fast as we can."

As I passed, I caught the teacher's eye. He smiled.
You can't fault loyalty like that.

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. That little story actually brought a tear to this mommy's eye. :*)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.